New water pump o ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New water pump o ring

Installed a new water pump on the engine im rebuilding however there is a little o-ring that came with it and I am not too sure where it belongs, as there was no such o-ring on the old one or anything so thinking it might just be one of those extra things for a different model or something?
    91 red l-

i just replaced mine yesterday and i couldnt locate where its supposed to go, so i dont think it applies to our engine, maybe?
    Last edited by MTec007; 08-02-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I think the O-ring is for the bypass water pipe, but I don't think every model had a bypass pipe.
      '90 LX

Comment

Yeah...i could not for the life of me see a purpose for it.. And im guessing that long straigh gasket piece was for the back plate, but again neither things seemed to be really neccessary..especially that o-ring since guess i just dont need it..?
        91 red l-

Comment

hey wybrnml so i have a bp out of a 95 egt your saying that i do not have the bypass pipe? i guess id have to visualize it to know exactly what your reffering to

-yes sorry this was all in reference to a water pump for a bp engine perhaps i should have posted in a different area.
          Last edited by Claude; 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM.
          91 red l-

Comment

Yeah, I don't think the EGT had a bypass pipe, so no need to worry about the O-ring.

As for the bypass pipe for the B3, the Festiva didn't have one but I think the Aspire did.
            '90 LX

Comment

Working...
            X