It's stuck in reverse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's stuck in reverse!

Help! My aspire is stuck in reverse, and earlier that evening I lost 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears!
    the shifter feels like it has no resistance on it, could the linkage have disconnected some how??

Edit: yeah My car is stuck in the mall parking lot so I can't get to it right now.
    I could bore you with a philosophical tirade about freedom and tyranny, or try and explain to you what new horizons are suddenly open to me, but I doubt you would understand and if you did it might frighten you. That amuses me.

If there is no resistance then yes it is very possible that one of the shift rods has become disconnected. You will have to get under the car and take a look at whats going on
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

if that's the case, how do I fix that?
      I could bore you with a philosophical tirade about freedom and tyranny, or try and explain to you what new horizons are suddenly open to me, but I doubt you would understand and if you did it might frighten you. That amuses me.

Comment

Chances are the pin has come out that connects the rod to the shifter. Replace it and you should be good.

Comment

Working...
        X