Shifter Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter Bushings

What's the general feeling about the Corksport Bronze-oil shifter bushings? Firm the shifter up pretty good? Worth the cost?
    Thanks
    Tex

Yes they do.I installed a set in my 95 MX-3.I was actuall debating on ordering a set for my 88 Festy,but was'nt positive they would fit the shifter.I priced out our local Ford dealer and they wanted $36+ for 4 factory 'Rubber" bushings.That makes the bronze bushing set a bargain.If they do for the festy,what they did for my MX you'll be very happy.If you use the Corksport bushings,PM me and let me know.MF
    Go Fast !!,Take Chances !!

Comment

Several threads have popped up on the shifter bushing issue. In every single one, somebody fabs up something that works (for all six of the bushings, compared to the four Corksport offer) as well as the pin problem that exists. Then someone else claims to make their own. Then someone else says they could make them. Then I ask someone to make them. Then the thread falls apart... it's happened at least three times now.

So if anybody is serious and interested in producing a complete set of bushings, let me know... I'm frustrated with this repeating cycle every 2-4 weeks.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I have'nt looked at mine yet,but the shifter is really sloppy and I figured with 219k on the clock it was due for bushings.I'm guessing from your post,there's no straight answer on a replacement works better than the factory parts.Could you clue me in on the pin issue you're referring to? Thanks,MF
        Go Fast !!,Take Chances !!

Comment

Originally posted by microflea View Post
          I have'nt looked at mine yet,but the shifter is really sloppy and I figured with 219k on the clock it was due for bushings.I'm guessing from your post,there's no straight answer on a replacement works better than the factory parts.Could you clue me in on the pin issue you're referring to? Thanks,MF
          The Corksport set fits, but it doesn't cover all six of the bushings. Here are the other two threads I'm talking about... you'll see what I mean:

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
            Several threads have popped up on the shifter bushing issue. In every single one, somebody fabs up something that works (for all six of the bushings, compared to the four Corksport offer) as well as the pin problem that exists. Then someone else claims to make their own. Then someone else says they could make them. Then I ask someone to make them. Then the thread falls apart... it's happened at least three times now.

So if anybody is serious and interested in producing a complete set of bushings, let me know... I'm frustrated with this repeating cycle every 2-4 weeks.
            Ouch
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Get a universal GM door hinge bushing kit from a McParts store and match 'em up. The kit contains a couple of different sizes. IIRC there are only 2 that are useable straight from the pack. It's been awhile since I changed mine, only at the shifter.
              Firmed it up a lot compared to the remains of the stock rubber bushings.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                Ouch
                Yeah, sorry Greg... bit of a low blow. That post came out a little angrier than I had intended. I've been ready to purchase anything you come up with for a while now... so let me know if you get something put together and are still interested in working with me. Wouldn't blame you if you weren't though... I may resort to Corksport, and see if they'll sell me a kit and a half to get all six.

Comment

Yeah, sorry Greg... bit of a low blow. That post came out a little angrier than I had intended. I've been ready to purchase anything you come up with for a while now... so let me know if you get something put together and are still interested in working with me. Wouldn't blame you if you weren't though... I may resort to Corksport.
                  I'd also like to buy whatever you come up with Greg I've also been watching the threads waiting for someone to put something together. So if you ever decide to produce a few sets let me know!
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Yeah, sorry Greg... bit of a low blow. That post came out a little angrier than I had intended. I've been ready to purchase anything you come up with for a while now... so let me know if you get something put together and are still interested in working with me. Wouldn't blame you if you weren't though... I may resort to Corksport, and see if they'll sell me a kit and a half to get all six.

It's the internet, no sweat. And I need to quit being lazy and make some.

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                    I'd also like to buy whatever you come up with Greg I've also been watching the threads waiting for someone to put something together. So if you ever decide to produce a few sets let me know!
                    Will do.
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                      It's the internet, no sweat. And I need to quit being lazy and make some.

Will do.
                      Appreciate it. I know you've been through worse in the arena from what people tell me, but that doesn't justify or excuse being rude or passive aggressive. With the Corksport option being $8 per bushing, you could probably get a lot of people interested in a $40-60 shipped set of six with the replacement that the other guy did for the pin via locking wingnut/bolt. I'd 100% support that. I have seen some six-bushing kits on Ebay Australia, but they're just OEM Ford parts, and it's hard to tell what they're made of - my guess is that they are not aftermarket delrin/nylon...

Comment

Working...
                      X