Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark

Hi Festy Friends,
    I have a 1993 Festy with a 5 speed manual trans. I originally bought it for parts, but decided to try to get it running and use it for a winter car here in Michigan. She isn't pretty inside or out, but is a challenge. For some reason there is no ignition spark. I have replaced with new: spark plugs, wires, rotor, and distributor cap, also replaced used the ignition switch, ignition module, distributor, and coil. As of this point I have not done anything concerning the timing. Can anybody out there give me some ideas to get her running. Thank you!

Um, check the battery, cables, and fuse? Do you have a volt meter or test light?
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Hi WmWatt,
      Sorry it took so long to reply, the car has a new battery and the engine turns over nicely. I have a volt meter and a tester. I'm starting to think perhaps the ECM could be the culprit. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Check the three fuses (fusible links) on the front of the driver side shock tower. Replace those wire ones with real fuses; 40 (green) in the center, and 30 (pink) on the left and right. Make sure you get the "long-legged" fuses, not the shorter ones. Ignore that little red 10 amp fuse, it's not stock.

Last edited by TominMO; 08-09-2010, 07:20 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I think the car might run without the computer working, in fall back mode. The computer is there for emissions reduction.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

No Spark

Hi TominMO,
            Would one find those type of fuses at a hardware store such as Ace Hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by weilley View Post
              Hi TominMO,
              Would one find those type of fuses at a hardware store such as Ace Hardware?
              No, go to any auto parts store. Compare the long-legged ones with short-legged ones, and get the long ones.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I know the carquest number for the proper (long) fuses is
                PAL-40 & PAL-30
                Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                X