Fuel delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel delivery

My car idles with a vroom vroom revving of the engine but when up to crusing speed runs just fine. If I don't keep giving it gas with the peddle it shuts off. I can restart the car very easily. I've put a new fuel filter on recently. Is there a possiblity that the fuel pump needs to be replaced? I've rebuilt the carborator twice over the years and don't think that is the issue this time.

could be an air intake problem or a leak in the vacuum lines somewhere. Idle air control valve, if I'm not mistaken. Just somewhere to start looking until someone else can chime in.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

I hate to state the obvious: Have you tried to adjust the Idle screw? Turn it clockwise one full turn & fire it up. If it runs smoothly but very fast, slowly turn it counter-clockwise and see if there is some point it acts up. You may need to carb clean the primary & secondary intake. Also, make sure the fuel filter is connected correctly [Flow direction].

Comment

Working...
      X