Leaking from water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking from water pump

I have replaced my old radiator with a new one, but I found another leaking. It is from the right side of my engine compartment (in front of driver). I find the leaks when I stop the car but may be not when the car runs. Mechanic said it is from water pump and it needs heaps of money to replace the pump (inc labor).

1. Can I just using my car with this condition? as long as I keep an eye on the temperature gauge and keep topping it up when it lost coolant?

2. What is the risk if I keep using my car in this condition? Would it get worse or worst?

Please someone give me advices. I confused.

Many Thanks
    Haris

Water pumps leak when they are going bad, theyre designed to, to tell you they are going bad.

You can get a lifetime warranty one from autozone for $25 or so, plus a couple bucks for gaskets.

Changing it is not so bad, the worst part is removing and reinstalling the timing belt. Make sure everything is clean and dry and use gasket sealer/adhesive.

If your "mechanic" says its heaps of money to replace then he must want you to find a new mechanic.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
    X