Alternator Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator Woes

Looks like another alternator has gone out in my Festiva career.. this has happened to me several times, and I've always had car-savvy friends take it out and fix it. Couple questions:

- What is causing me to go through so many alternators?
    - Is it possible to get a (bigger/better/more $) alternator to prevent it from going out again? What kind/brand do you recommend?
    - How much should it cost to have the alternator replaced if I went to a body shop, as opposed to my friends?

Thanks
    Alpha, RSB, and FESTIVA

There is a lot of ways your alternators are failing. They are mounted too low, which allows water to be splashed on them. The little splash shield mounted on the right inside fenderwell is very important. I have some doubt about the quality Autozone's Alternators.

Comment

Originally posted by wehats View Post
      Looks like another alternator has gone out in my Festiva career.. this has happened to me several times, and I've always had car-savvy friends take it out and fix it. Couple questions:

- What is causing me to go through so many alternators?
      - Is it possible to get a (bigger/better/more $) alternator to prevent it from going out again? What kind/brand do you recommend?
      - How much should it cost to have the alternator replaced if I went to a body shop, as opposed to my friends?

Thanks
      I have a stock 91 alternator for sale for $15
      But if you want to upgrade here is a thread with a ton of info
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

i replaced 3 autozone alternators on one car because they kept failing.

Comment

Working...
        X