Rod bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod bolts

I believe i am using the correct term but correct me if i am wrong. I was changing the valve seals the other day and when i went to put my cams back in and torque the rod brace bolts back on one snapped! if anyone knows where i can get some new bolts i would very much like to know and i would also like to know the torque specs for these bolts because i read it was 100-130 ft/pd please let me know if this is wrong. Thank yo ahead of time guys always a helpful hand
    Parker

well im thinking of just going to a pull it yourself and taking bolts from the cams of an old protege. would anything be wrong with that?
    Parker

Comment

Make sure that your torque spec. is right cause 100-130 foot pounds sound a bit much. Its most likely in inch pounds instead of foot pounds.

Comment

thanks ill check again bc it was a japanese manual so the translations might be wrong
        Parker

Comment

I think you're talking about the rocker arm bolts, which are 16 - 21 ft lbs of torque. And +1 on what schads said: 100 - 130 ft lbs is huge, and sounds more like the torque for the big nut on the end of the CV shaft. And defiinitely don't confuse inch-pounds with foot-pounds!
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

wow thank you so much now i wont be worried about snapping a bolt. whew.
            Parker

Comment

well i dont think its rocker arm bolts bc when i look it up by that name its showing a bolt that has two threaded ends when im looking for bolts that secure the brace over the the two cams. there are twenty of these bolts.
              Parker

Comment

Working...
              X