smell of gas comming from the hatch area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smell of gas comming from the hatch area

once in a while a really stong smell of gas fulls my car, it is comming from the hatch area.. its not the tank because mines only 2 months od.. what could it be, im lost lol
    Teal 93 GL
    stock as piss
    loud system though

check all your hoses near the fuel door, you can get to them via the metal plate under the back seat, and also by removing the driver side panel in the back of the car. they are known to dry rot, and the ethanol doesn't help much.. iirc there are several posts on this same subject already, here. there are various hoses for a fuel vapor device (i think thats what it is) mounted behind the panel
    Last edited by MTec007; 08-24-2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

im thinking thats what it is, that or the fill neck?
      Teal 93 GL
      stock as piss
      loud system though

Comment

I experienced the same symptoms. It turned out to be the vapor return canister below the fuel filler hose had a fitting broken off. As suggested Mtec007, you should check all of the hoses around the filler tube inside the rear trunk area to see if you have some disconnect or broken fitting. I am fairly sure you will find the problem back there when you inspect everything closely. Good luck and please let us know what the resolution is after you figure it out.
        I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
        White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
        * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

I actually had a drill hole in my canister...FROM A DENT REPAIR...

Comment

Working...
          X