ok,, , simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok,, , simple question

what controls the injectors on a 89 festiva.

The ECU aka computer.. As long as it is EFI, carbureted cars are controlled by suction...

I believe 89 there where both cars.. Carb'ed and EFI
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

the injectors on all EFI festys are saturated (meaning that they always see 12vdc, the ECM completes the circuit and controls the length of time open.) they also bank fire (1+3 fire and 2+4 fire at the same time)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks,, now i have a basis of where to start to figure out why they arent pulsing

Comment

as they're saturated, you wont see a +12v pulse, you'll have to read a ground pulse from the ecu.

my guess is they're not getting +12v or the ecu is shot.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

allrighty,, thanks for the information,, id really like to figure it out, the old car only has 82 thousand miles,, still has some life left in it

Comment

It hasn't even been broken in with only 82k.. lol
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
              X