Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some aspire questions

Ok, here goes.

I recently got an aspire for my fiancee. The #2 injector wasnt working. After testing the injector, we figured out it wasnt getting the pulse it needed to work. After checking the continuity of the wires leading to the ecm, we noticed that the ecm it self wasnt sending out the pulse. The car was running great one day, and the next, this.

the mechanic i bought it off of rigged the #2 and #3 injectors so they would fire at the same time. Funny thing is its working great. But, the #2 cylinder also isnt getting much for spark. we swapped in a new plug and wire, and still very weak spark. I'm guessing that is just a distributor problem, but it seems strange that these problems are only on #2.

Tonight it finally pulled a few codes. P0302 (cylinder #2 misfire), P0505 (IAC System fault), P0503 (VSS Fault), and P0300 (Random Misfire)

I think with the VSS fault, that has something to do with the speedometer cutting out whenever you let off the gas, lol.

But, the car idles great, and everyone once in a while will surge, but very slightly.

I know I can fix these problems, but when it comes to cylinder #2, i would like to be pointed in the possible right direction (the mechanic i bought this from knew nothing of these motors what so ever)

I just want to make this a reliable vehicle, as its the only one we have right now (my festy isnt done yet)
    1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

That is a good question for KartRacer! Hopefully he will see it and have an answer for you.
    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
    Snoopy's
    4621 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

I hope so, lol, its my fiancee's car so it has to be perfect, lol
      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Comment

I fixed the speedometer, lol

whoever took this thing out before broke the tab that the hold-down bolt goes through. So after a zip-tie and some JB Weld, they called it fixed. I guess the gear housing kept moving around, destroying the gear.

Comment

Working...
        X