engine rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine rebuild.

91 Ford Festiva(cardomain listed as a '90, ruddbud, Pepe the pod) with 143,000 plus(speedo broken). Smokes a little upon starting but runs fine. Clatters a little on old cold morns but a squirt of oil smooths it out. Need to find oil leak and tune it up. Could use a little more pep in 1st gear but is is only a 3 spd auto(bad hip). Question is: do I spend the money and have a rebuild done or, find another low milage motor and drop it in, or use that one engine treatment I read somewhere in one of the forums.
    Engine treatment seems the cheapest but will I get any more pep out of it. And I do not know which would be the cheaper route on the other two but I know they would take time and cash.

Any help is appreciated.

I just rebuilt my engine.

Many people told me to upgrade to a B-6 but I didn't want to spend that kind of money and decided to rebuild my B-3 instead.

I used the best part available and had a reputable shop do all the machine work.

I torqued each bolt to spec and everything went together well.

Unfortunately, no one told me it is very difficult to get the front main seal and rear main seals to seal.

I have replace the front one at least 5 times and it still leaks.

I have finally given up and plan to sell it.

Comment

Working...
    X