Headlights won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights won't work

I have a 1992 festiva, the headlights won't work on high beam or low beam. Parking lights work. When I turn the headlights on my charge light comes on on the dashboard. Checked the fuseable link, took the relay's apart and cleaned the points in them. I am stumped, any ideas would be appreciated.

check the light bulb if its not popped if it is then change it. if it isnt , then check your cables from where the headlight are connectd to and see if there is not shortage on them and check if they arent cut either. if they are then just grab apeaice of speaker wires and connect them together and add elctrical tape to them and if it doesnt work well idk lol tried helping

Comment

First off, probably shouldn't run speaker wire to the headlights, it might not want to handle the current. Second, there is a fusible link marked "head" in the little fuse box under the hood (drivers side, in front of strut tower) and if thats popped it will cause the symptoms you are having. If it needs replacing then you should trace the wires and try to find out what popped it (most likely a short). Hope that helps! Oh and if you have to replace the fuse you can use the fat auto type fuses like this:

Its either Pink-Green-Pink or Green-Pink-Green for the three fuses... someone that still has a festiva and/or a better memory than me can clarify which one
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Pink-Green-Pink (30-40-30 amp fuses)
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

X2 to what htchbck said. My '90 LX had the same problems and when I replaced the fusible links for cartridge fuses the problem went away. Most use 30-40-30 amp fuses in that order left to right.
          '90 LX

Comment

Thanks for the help. The fuseable link that is labeled head was toast. Replaced all of them with bussman fuseable links and works great.

Comment

Working...
            X