bottoming out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottoming out?

I had around 500lbs of people in my back seat tonight. On the freeway, at every bump I'd hear banging on either the left or both left and right rear wheel areas. I looked at everything and it looked okay... i heard tire-ish noise at one point in a bang.

so was that my rear struts bottoming out? it went away entirely after one of the people left.

Could this cause any permanant damage? I've got enough wrong with my car already.

It was great seeing my high school mates again but the two in the back were rather heavy set with 280lbs of me weighing down the driver side to begin with, i have a feeling I should remove my back seat to prevent taggers-along in the future

I doubt it did any real damage. I've had 1200lbs of top soil and mulch in Fester, as well as 1300lbs of concrete, and towed a car dolly with another Festiva on it with no damage at all.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
      I doubt it did any real damage. I've had 1200lbs of top soil and mulch in Fester, as well as 1300lbs of concrete, and towed a car dolly with another Festiva on it with no damage at all.

Did that include the dead weight between the headrest and the steering wheel??????????

NAME A DAY TURKEY!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X