A/C instal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C instal question

I'm building a frankenstein A/C unti for Blue Steel (Teresa's daughter's car). So far I have an 88 323 compressor and low side lines, a '92 Protege SOHC crank pulley, and the rest is Festiva parts. I put in the evaporator core box, but I can't figure out what the wierd little swtich thing goes to. There's two blade connector tabs on it, and also a pull cable like the ones used in the rest of the hvac system to control the airflow doors. I think I know which blade connectors to use (harness has been cut but its all there) but I'm not sure where that pull cable hooks too (or even what is supposed to do lol). Anyone know? Or have a car with A/C and feel like poking around under the dash? I've done A/C swaps a couple of times, but both times it was with the donor car and the car its was going into sitting side by side so I could do everything by comparison. This is the first one I've build from scratch Any help is greatly appreciated!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Cable should go to the Heater box for switching inside/outside air. That's my guess.

-Kirk

Comment

Actually I found it this morning... apparently on the temp selector door lever there is a place for two cables, one that comes from the HVAC control head (obviously) and the other one from the A/C evap box... no idea what it does, but it hooks up there anyway and all the wiring and everything else went together fine after I realized I had an 88-89 harness not a 93.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
      X