93 Festiva alt, an fuel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Festiva alt, an fuel problems

Hi, a while back my alt,went full field an charged 16amp. shorted out battery ,fuel pump an fuel relay , replaced the alt. with a known good one, ofcorse still unknown because it won't run yet . no power at fuel pump ,power at fuel relay going in but nothing going out to pump. no power at inerna switch , spark at plugs is also gone now , seems like the more I check the worst it gets about to call the junk man . HELP needed! any advice , thanks Slimone
    Slim still learning

wish you were closer man i'd help but the best i can say is grab a voltmeter and chase it down
    It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

Have you checked the fuses/links on the drivers strut tower?
      Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
      1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

I had an issue with the fuel pump relay and just added a toggle switch on the dash from the self test connector... that'd get the fuel pump going... just remember to turn it off when you get out the car (I've ran the car out of gas that way) as for the altenator IDK what to tell ya.....
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Hello, There is a fusible link (it is the middle link) on the strut tower near the battery. If your battery shorted out, that link should have blown open. I strongly suggest you check that before you go any further. I shorted the wire from the battery to the alternator (drop the oil filter on it) and it blew out - took me a while to find it.

Comment

Hi Guys , will look at fuse links today , guess just getting old never gave fuse links a thought , Kinda hate to give up on this little car its does so damn good on gas , but like I told my world class tech son "its the olny car I ever had that when a bug hits the windshield you have to down shift to gain back the speed" LOL na it been a great car , will let you guys know what I find. thanks Slimone
            Slim still learning

Comment

Hi Guys ,Well the fuse links are all good so that isn't the problem . any other advice? thanks Slimone
              Slim still learning

Comment

If your not getting any signal from the disty then your not gonna get fuel, and if there is no signal from the ECU to the disty then your not gonna get fuel or spark. Does the injectors click at all upon starting the engine? If not I would try checking the ECU. Power surge like that can kill a ECU.

How many lights come on when the engine is about to start? You should have 5 lights I believe, if not could again be a ECU problem.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

I'd say probably ECU if all the links are good. But then again it seems very strange if the Batt shorted that the Fusible links didn't blow. Have you pulled each link out and tested for continuity? They can look fine but still be blown.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yea tested fuse links, test light and multimeter ,they are Good. Think when the alt went full field it sure screwed things up. oh well still looking at problem. thanks Slimone
                    Slim still learning

Comment

Working...
                    X