pump noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pump noise

When i went to lunch today i could here my fuel pump makeing a winding noise. What do you think the problem is?

I know the filter broke off. I havent had time to put a new one on yet.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

I'm guessing you're talking about the sock on the pump inside the tank? If thats the case then you're pump probably sucked up something the sock was supposed to keep out of it. Then again thats assuming this is an EFI car with the pump in the tank not on the block...
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

yes its efi. I was under the idea the pump got junk in it cause the sock was off. I am getting a new one and going to put it on today tho.

any way i can reverse the pump to try and clear it of the junk
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

do a search, someone posted a good how-to on this same subject recently
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
        X