Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about pulleys in different years (and A/C and P/S)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pulleys in different years (and A/C and P/S)

Ok, I pulled the motor out of the '92 parts car today. Its going into my old roommate's '94 Aspire since the '92 was recently rebuilt and the Aspire is burning, blowing, throwing, leaking, and choking on oil :lol: I'm just going to swap the whole intake over from the Aspire to the '92 motor, but the big problem I see is the pulley that drives the A/C and P/S. The '92 has a single groove, and his are ribbed. Does anyone know if they made a ribbed pulley that fits the pre '93 cranks (the earlier cranks have a notch in the pulley that fits a key on the crank). If not has anyone ever done this kind of swap before, and what was your solution? He won't let me just do away with the PS/AC (already asked lol). Did some of the earlier B6s maybe have a ribbed pulley that fit the old crank? Thanks in advance!
    No festiva for me ATM...

I was looking at Freshtiva's B6 build thread and the B6 looks like it has the notched crank snout and uses a ribbed pulley. So your solution may be getting a B6 crank pulley.
    '90 LX

Comment

Thanks, thats what I'm hoping *fingers crossed*
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

either that or run Festiva accessories.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

^^^ yep, but we don't have the Festiva accessories, its a no A/C no P/S Festiva. However just took a look at Fresh's thread that wybnrml references and his early B6 does indeed have the short nose crank and the ribbed pulley So I'm good to go assuming noone has snagged the pulley off the '88 323 I was grabbing a ribbed pulley A/C compressor off of last weekend
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
          X