G25MR questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G25MR questions

Sooo I have found a G25MR Transmission from a capri xr2 with the cable clutch for $100. Sounds like a good deal to me!

This would be for the BP Festiva (still stock tranny) and I've never really messed with transmissions before, I've really only swapped a new stock one in a friends truck.

So I have a few questions.

1) are there any very detailed threads showing installation
    2) I need custom mounts correct? What is the best way of going about this? I think I saw a thread showing you how to modify them?
    3) What do I need to get to completely swap the tranny? (other parts needed)
    4) Any other useful info I should know about?

Would anyone be willing to help me out installing it? I'm willing to drive to do get it done ( I live in Nashville TN and Columbus IN and Anderson IN and am willing to drive to anyone near any of those cities.) Any help is appreciated!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

You will need an intermediate shaft, and axles, and the shift linkage. Also the speedo drive is different. If you can get the mounts for it too.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I'll trade you a spoiler for it! lol

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Don't forget clutch, flywheel, starter, and backing plate.

I've seen spoliers and intermediate shafts both bring $125. I have the means to make it bolt to a bp also
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
          I'll trade you a spoiler for it! lol
          Haha I saw that :p sorry but I have one. But if I find another I will let you know!

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
          I have the means to make it bolt to a bp also
          Soooo your going to be in Tennessee soon hmmmmm....

Thanks for the info I emailed the guy and asked if he had any of the other things. Sure hope he does!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Alright so I talked to the guy and he doesn't have the
            intermediate shaft, axles, shift linkage, speedo drive, clutch, flywheel, starter or backing plate

So is this still a good deal at $100 and how hard/expensive is it going to be to get these other parts?

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

hop over to the capri forum and put a WTB post up

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Wheres this trans located? $100? I might be able to use a spare...
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  Wheres this trans located? $100? I might be able to use a spare...
                  It's a friend of mine and I have decided I'm buying it since they seem to be hard to find then I will just have to scrounge up the rest of the parts.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                  X