Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broke a connection on the cruise control....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke a connection on the cruise control....

I got a factory cruise control kit for the aspire today. I knew I should of held off due to this headache I have but I just couldn't resist putting it together. In the process of installing the servo I had tough time getting it around some wires and course it dropped and in the process broke one of the vacuum connections. I'm going to get some epoxy and attempt to glue it back. Do you guys think it will hold? I would like to get it installed and working and then maybe I try to find a replacement.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

I got some permantex 5 min plastic weld.. it looks like it well hold. The good news I think i'm high and the cat's acting funny.. guess I need to open some windows.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I snapped the plastic vacuum hose "splitter" for the solenoids on my car. I glued it with Bondo or something and it's been doing fine for the last year or so.

If you put it back together well enough it should be OK

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Does that count. I think I got some in the joint. I'm never any good when any form of art or glueing for that matter.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Hard to tell.

Try looking down the pipe and see if the passage is clear. If it seems like it is blow air through the pipe and see if you can feel anything from the area of the repair.

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
          X