Cherry Bomb's Twilight Zone issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Bomb's Twilight Zone issues

This is a continuation/new chapter to the electrical problem thread I was posting on.

OK, now this is weird and typical. I brought all my electrical troubleshooting crap home from work. I went out to Cherry Bomb, and.................EVERYTHING WAS WORKING! LOL I cranked her up and she purred like a kitten. Hmmm...gremlins screwing with me? LOL J/K My only concern now is that I do not know what happened and why it is all working now, and I'm afraid I might get stranded if I don't fix the cause. This will be interesting and challenging. I wiggled all the harnesses inside and under the hood and can't get it to lose all power again. I'm thinking a ground issue, but all my grounds seem intact. Or possibly a loose connection somewhere. Arrgghh! LOL Anyone have any suggestions, or had a similar issue?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Originally posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
    This is a continuation/new chapter to the electrical problem thread I was posting on.

OK, now this is weird and typical. I brought all my electrical troubleshooting crap home from work. I went out to Cherry Bomb, and.................EVERYTHING WAS WORKING! LOL I cranked her up and she purred like a kitten. Hmmm...gremlins screwing with me? LOL J/K My only concern now is that I do not know what happened and why it is all working now, and I'm afraid I might get stranded if I don't fix the cause. This will be interesting and challenging. I wiggled all the harnesses inside and under the hood and can't get it to lose all power again. I'm thinking a ground issue, but all my grounds seem intact. Or possibly a loose connection somewhere. Arrgghh! LOL Anyone have any suggestions, or had a similar issue?
    Ignititon switch bad? It did the same thing on a dodge d-50 truck I had. We run a hot wire from battery to ign. switch. Never had another issue with it.
    Last edited by bikerdude0269; 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

My problem was that I had nothing. No headlights, no horn, nothing. I was thinking i had an issue between the main fusible links to the main harness, but now I'm not so sure.

06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
        My problem was that I had nothing. No headlights, no horn, nothing. I was thinking i had an issue between the main fusible links to the main harness, but now I'm not so sure.
        same thing my truck did no nothing power wise. No light horn, radio, no power to nothing.

Comment

Why did I have a feeling I was liable to have to deal with something on the steering column? LOL

Comment

Carl, check your main relay ground and power feeds (low amp side) i'm betting you lost one or the other due to some corrosion.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Actually, in my initial troubleshooting, I cleaned all those terminals and verified the grounds. All was good and I had good continuity.

Comment

Working...
              X