newbie help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie help

well i gots no heat! i have been thinking of replacing the tstat with a dealer part but what else can i check? it doesnt seem like the heater door is opening, where is it on this car so i can make sure its opening?

also i would like to do a complete tune up on this car, what all parts would you guys recommend replacing?

thanks for any help!
    if i wanted a hummer.......i'd ask your wife!

Originally posted by shane4585 View Post
    well i gots no heat! i have been thinking of replacing the tstat with a dealer part but what else can i check? it doesnt seem like the heater door is opening, where is it on this car so i can make sure its opening?

also i would like to do a complete tune up on this car, what all parts would you guys recommend replacing?

thanks for any help!
    Just to clarify... Festiva's only blow heat on the Defrost setting and Foot setting. So if you have it on the face setting it will never get hot. Does that make sense?

As for the tune up- Spark plugs, Wires (if needed), Oil Change, Fluid changes in general, Radiator flush, replace filters. Check your brakes. Stuff like that :p Hope that gets you started
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

also a heater core flush helps... havent gotten around to do mine but rj (skimsucka) did his and he says itll burn your feet it gets so hot
      91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

If you look at the top of this forum you will find an article on no heat problem.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

well you guys were right, it works great on floor and defrost!

as far as tune up, do these cars have like a pcv or any other little parts i should change with the tune up?

Comment

also the PO told me this car has an aspire engine, how can i confirm this?

Comment

It depends on how much he's reused from the old festy motor. If he's used the aspire intake the iac setup and throttle body will be/look different for starters.
              97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
              CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
              Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Post up a couple of pics of the engine bay, and I bet it won't take long on here to get your answer.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

will do on monday, in the tow truck all weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X