Vacuum Connection On Underside Of Air Cleaner Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Connection On Underside Of Air Cleaner Housing

The Festiva is running more smoothly now, thanks to help from you guys. The idle, although smoother than before, still revs up and down, so I think I still have a vacuum-related problem somewhere. While re-doing the vacuum advance vacuum lines I noticed yet another vacuum nipple with nothing attached to it. This vacuum nipple is on the underside of the air cleaner housing, passenger side, plainly visible from the passenger side of the car, at the lower edge of the air cleaner housing. It's a metal tube, extending down 1/2 inch from the bottom outside edge of the air cleaner housing, makes a 90-degree bend, and extends about three inches towards the rear of the car.

Does anyone know where the other end of this vacuum connection terminates? There's nothing connected to it now, and I haven't been able to find another vacuum connection that's missing a vacuum hose.

Thanks, Tom

Short hose, maybe 3" long, makes a 90 deg bend and goes under edge of air cleaner at about 10 o'clock (12 being rear).
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
    X