No power!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power!!!!

Ok it is a 92 GL bp swapped car. Has had no problems for months and then last night i swapped the alt because it was going bad. And swapped the fender on driver side because it was smashed up. So did all that the alt wire touched the axle a few times no biggy well i thought. Well Got it all done and went to start the car and now has no power to any thing at all. The head lights work and hi beams but that is it. No tail or marker lights no break no hazard no wipers no horn acts just like has no batt in it. ALL fuses are good not one is bad and none was. So i don't know what it is and how to fix it. My aux fan wouldn't even work.
    Need help really bad i missed work because of this.
    Thanks

Are you sure your MAIN fuse link is good? It is on the drivers side strut tower in the middle. It should be replaced with the long legged cartridge type if it hasn't been already. If you want to check it, you could just put a temporary jumper wire from each side and see how that works. This should be temporary though! The fuse may still LOOK good, but it may not be.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Did you check the fusible links behind the battery on the driverside strut tower?
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Yes i did it was not blown it is all good and getting power, but not going to the inside so i don't know what else it could be. Would the alt gronding out a few times cause any thing else to fry or burn up?

Comment

check your gauge fuse inside, IIRC that's the one that provides switched power to the main relay.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
            Yes i did it was not blown it is all good and getting power, but not going to the inside so i don't know what else it could be. Would the alt gronding out a few times cause any thing else to fry or burn up?
            Well nothing should fry up since their are fuses there to prevent that. Check the meter fuse in the dash and also the main and head fusible links. I would just replace the fusible links with cartridges to eliminate that problem since the links might look good but they really aren't.

Comment

replace the main fusible link (the one behind the battery on the strut).....the symptoms you described are what it does when it goes
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I have replaced them before with the cartridges when i got the car. Went through all the fuses inside the car and all good and the cartridges were fine. I pulled them all out and then put them back in and rewired most of my accessories and now have power to it all again. I am thinking that it was all just bad connections or some thing in the accessories. But all in all it has power again seems so dumb that all it took was that.
                I thank you all for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                X