Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY....Installing motor mounts now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMERGENCY....Installing motor mounts now.

Today I am installing new motor mounts in my 91 Festy. I took out the front lower one and noticed that the heavy round rubber insert has the big letter "F" back toward the engine. I took the "F" to mean toward the front end of the car. Anyone know which it is? There is nothing in the shop manual about this that I can find.

It could be that it designates it as the "front" mount and not "this end towards front." This would be because the side and front mounts are both round "doughnut" style, much unlike the rear transaxle mount, which is a square block. On the other hand, the front and side mounts do look different and are easily identifiable.

I believe the front mount is symmetrical. I could be wrong. I'll probably be looking at mine later today so I can post again what I find if no one else confirms this.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

thanks for the comeback........will be glad to hear what you find.......it's not to hard to spot.........thanks

Comment

I just looked. It is NOT symmetrical. The "F" is indeed for "front." Look at it from the side and you will tell it will be in a different position if you bolt it in backwards.

Sorry I took so long. Got busy.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
        X