no head lights and charge light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no head lights and charge light on

Ok last night went out to my car and started it up turned the lights on and had no head lights and one front marker was out. So i checked the fuses in the block on the tower all good and the ones inside the car are too. After i pulled one for the head lights the charge light came on now won't shut off. I think i have a bad ground some where but not sure just yet. What do you guys think?
    Thanks

Clean the terminals on the connector block under the hood marked "head" had the same problem maybe 3 weeks ago!
    My cartridge fuse was fine, but corrosion was causing a problem.
    Would hit the high beams via pulling back on the stalk switch to signal a semi he was clear to get in front of me and the charge light would come on, then go out 20, 30, or 40 seconds later.
    This only happened on the way home in day light, in the morning, 6AM dark(before daylight savings time), headlights on and no issues.
    Later in the week, the charge light wouldn't go out and when it came time for to use the headlights they wouldn't work either.
    Pulled the cartridge fuse for the headlights and put it back on and presto everything is working fine.
    Cleaned the terminals and no problems.
    Terminals weren't really that bad either!
    Last edited by Pu241; 11-15-2010, 10:54 AM.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

ok i will try that. They don't look that bad either, but don't matter. Thanks
      Now got to get a ride to work to fix it lol

Comment

Had to swap put the harness to fix it. The block was to corroded on the bottom that it broke off and i had to swap it. So it is fixed
        Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
        X