92 GL bp swap problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 GL bp swap problems

Ok my 92 bp swapped car has been running great until the last two months. Today the fuse that runs the ecu under the hood keeps blowing. Also when hit bumps the check engine light comes on and the car starts to cut out. And has been idling high to around 1500 or 2000 and was around 500 to 600 before.
    And was running rich as well and surges when first start it up. Any ideas because it just keeps blowing the fuse with in like 5 to 10 mins of run time.
    Really have no idea why it is doing this.

Is the batt. light coming on? I'm thinking the alt. is shorting out somewhere for it to blow the main fuse that quickly.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

It not blowing the main fuse and no bat light. It is the eci or egi spot the one that is closest to the motor. It is the one that sends power to the ecu because it will crank but just not getting spark because the ecu doesn't have power to tell the coil to fire.
      But i don't have a reason to why it is doing this.

Comment

Check all your grounds
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

I have checked them, but not sure why would have ground problem now when never had one before but don't mean any thing still will go over them again.

Comment

Is your battery still under the hood?

Is it strapped down?

Could be hitting the hood, if the "bumps" you mention are big enough.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

No it in the back so not doing that.

Comment

Ok well i replaced two of the fuses and didn't have any more troubles for a few days since i don't drive every day. But the other day was on way home from work and was playing a little hard on the car and it started acting funny again would hit the bumps in the road and it would cut out and check engine light would flash. So i shut the key off and turn back on as going down the road so it would start back up and the light would quit and be fine for a few minuets then start doing it again and only hit bumps they are very small bumps. Also the idle will surge when first start it up and it will run rich some times to. Also the lights never use to dim when i had the radio on loud now it does and i have swap the alt with a known good one and still same results. So what should i do? look for swap really need to fix this car it is my dd and i don't have any other reliable car to depend on.

Comment

Working...
                X