No Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Oil?

Okay so I have a couple of problems and I'm at a loss for ideas.

Yesterday I noticed I had a noisy lifter. (Read a bunch on the forums, and after all I heard about them and the noises thay make I was not too concerned.)

This morning I go to start my festiva up (Its an 89 1.3 FI with an auto) and suddenly the oil pressure light comes on. Drove from the driveway into the garage and checked the oil. ( I had checked it about a week ago and everything was fine) This mornning it didnt even register on the dipstick. I ended up putting almost 2.5 liters into it before it was full. (The lifter noise went away too...go figure)

Now heres the stange part. I have never seen any oil puddles on the driveway or anywhere else that I park. Also its never burned blue smoke or smelled like it was burning oil. (I've had freinds drive behind me etc.)

So what do you think is going on? A freind suggested the valve seals are shot, but would it not smell like burning oil and smoke blue when I start it?

Ideas anyone?

It's my winter car and I didn't pay much for it, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on repairs...
    How I get around:
    2005 Jeep Rubicon. Ruby! 15 Mpg's of Awesome
    1989 Festiva Fuelly (Winter Rally Car)
    1986 Honda VFR 750 Interceptor
    1965 CCM Board Track Special

Winnipeg? Someone's stolen it. Park the car in the garage. Lock the garage.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
      Winnipeg? Someone's stolen it. Park the car in the garage. Lock the garage.
      hahahahahahahhahahaaaa

In all seriousness are you sure its not leaking out. I thought I remember that car being a leaker
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

Change your pcv valve.. when was the last time you changed the oil?
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

remember cars burn oil no matter what. My ford fusion go through half a quart every 3000 miles. My festiva has a small oil leak and that goes half quart every 1000miles. You need to check how long that oil will last in there. If it last for only a hundred miles until you need filling up then you have a problem some where. Check you PCV and pull out your spark plugs to see if its actually burning oil.

Comment

I essentially have changed the oil in the last week. I had to dump another liter into it last night. Im going to pull the plugs hopefully on the weekend if I get a spare second and probably spin a new oil filter on too. Ill check the PCV valve too.

Thanks guys.
            How I get around:
            2005 Jeep Rubicon. Ruby! 15 Mpg's of Awesome
            1989 Festiva Fuelly (Winter Rally Car)
            1986 Honda VFR 750 Interceptor
            1965 CCM Board Track Special

Comment

Working...
            X