Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad gas mileage and slow speed

So my car tops out at 80 mph with the aspire set up on it,

and im only getting 25 miles to the gal.

Im really going to have to replace the air filter, fuel filter, and get some seafoam soon as I get my taxes back.

logan

Post subject: bad gas mileage and slow speed

Sounds like it could be a few things, check filters, and if fuel injected run some cleaner thru those injectors. Could be dirty injectors. Could also be weak compression in a piston. Maybe do a compression check.

Comment

smelling antifreeze

Yeah I think the engine is on its way out, it doesn't smoke at all but its got like 200k plus on it, and I have been smelling anti freeze, will have to keep an eye on it, have a BP just waiting for the 1.3 to die, and FestivaGT to have time.

Logan

Comment

check the injectors like he said....mine would get cloged every 500 miles or so bc of a rusted tank....wouldnt hurt to take the injectors out and "clean" them....use a can of carb cleaner to blast out anything in the fuel rail side then fill it up with some lucas injector and upper cylinder cleaner/lubricant....worked wonders for me untill my injectors finaly bit the dust...got to where i could do it in about 10 minutes....but then again that may not be your problem...just my 2 cents
        Jay
        90 L FI..second B3
        90 L Parts car
        Jay

Comment

If you're smelling antifreeze it could be a blown head gasket. It could be several other things as well, but it would explain your symptoms.

Comment

Working...
          X