Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzer goes buzzzzzz, unknown issue.

Hey!

After I vacumed my car last week, the buzzer that lets you know a door is open came on and would not turn off.

I have searched for any cords I might have disconnected by accident. Checked all the doors / hatch.

It seems to come on after a few minutes of driving. Today I got in and drove for 30 minutes or so and it was not on but, after the car warmed up it just came on.

I read a post somewhere else online that said he took out the "belt" fuse and the buzzer stopped. I tried that but it persisted. I did take out the rest of the fuses one at a time and when I took out the fuse marked "hazard" it did stop but, my blinkers/hazard lights wouldn't work either!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Matt

It might help to know the year of your car and any accessories or trim levels it has. For example, the tach cluster provides a headlights on warning buzzer. Do you have one of these?

Need more info.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I just went through this And I could not find the prob so I just unplugged the buzzer.
      the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
      \/\_____________FORD
      FOREVER

Comment

Can you manually hold down the door buzzer switch in the door jam and shut the sound off? If so check to see if your door latch screws are tight. Mine would not shut off and it was because the door latch was loose, it would shut fine, but not tight enough to keep the door buzzer button compressed all the way.

Comment

I checked the button in the door jam and even took it apart and put it back together. It seems fined.

The year is a 91 L and it doesn't have a tach in the cluster. I do have a cd player installed.

@mikeycar500 how did you disconnect it? just detatch the plug?

Comment

:brilsmurf:@mikeycar500 how did you disconnect it? just detatch the plug?[/QUOTE]

I left the buzzes going and looked under the dash on the drivers side. I think there was 2or3 realys and I just unplug one at a time till the buzzer stopped. I am sure it was the one closest to the firewall.
            the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
            \/\_____________FORD
            FOREVER

Comment

The buzzer is under the drivers side of the dash just reach up under there when the buzzer is on and feel which box is vibrating unhook it. Thats the first thing I do to all my vehicles is unplug that.

Comment

Thanks!
                Do you think this could be indicating a problem though?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_Awesome View Post
                  Thanks!
                  Do you think this could be indicating a problem though?
                  Dont no but it wont buzz anymore!

Comment

Working...
                  X