My Festy almost fell in a pothole!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Festy almost fell in a pothole!!!

What do you think? Is the shock salvageable? It's not even 2 years old, under 30000kms... The shaft punched through the retainer cup, and blew the plastic trim out. I'm hoping the shock is still good and that the retainer took all the impact... Needless to say, it was a helluva pothole; I almost lost my fillings hahaha!!! That's what happens when you run through a 8-inch deep huge hole, filled with water and mildew at 40 MPH!!!
    The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

I don't have any advice but thats actually a bit funny
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Yeah I know, after actually seeing the damage, I thought so too loll!!! At first, I thought the shock tower ripped appart! Glad to see there's still some structural integrity left in my car!!!
      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

butt connectors... your using them wrong lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

unbelievable

You should be able to get reimbursed by the municipal government. Potholes are normally covered. Phone right away.

Sport seats + cargo cover.

Comment

to answer the original question, the STRUT is not salvageable, must be replaced.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
            X