steel heater hose.help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steel heater hose.help

i hope im doing this right.if not im sorry im new to this computer stuff.but anyways i had a heat problem " 92 gl..so i drop in a new theromstat but after i got it done and started i found a leak in the steel line at goes from the bottom rad hose up and around to the heater core with a few tees offs..i need the steel line but nobody can get it...any help tips

Junkyards are your only salvation. That pipe is a two piece unit with an "O" ring in the union. Check to see if that is were the leak is. You can also put an ad in the For Sale section with the heading [WTB] Bypass tube. Hope this helps. Forgot, the "O" ring is only available now with a new/reman water pump. I got mine by going to Ace Hardware and matching the old one...
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

no it is leaking after that.as you are looking from the front of the car it is leaking to the right of ex-manafold just before the tee...i was hoping some body might have done something with a rubber hose "but the heat is my concre from manafold..but thanks

Comment

Just a guess, but I'll bet the by pass house is leaking.
        I just replaced mine about two month ago!
        It's sometime hard to locate a leak, as it will travel along the pipe before it drops off.
        Also, it may not leak until your RPM's are higher, say at highway speeds.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

i just looked at that. it is leaking under pressue right were there is a holddown welded onto the tube and bolts to block

Comment

I repaired one of mine with JB weld. It was removed, cleaned, glass beaded, then repaired with the JB weld.
            Chuck
            Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
            If money will fix it, it's not broken
            91 GL -Ol' Rusty
            93 GL - Lil Red
            91 L - Tweetystiva
            http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
            http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

I would guess you could get it welded up, too, if JB Weld doesn't work.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

well got the tube off plus the neck.and i dont think there is any hope for it.it looks real bad with rust and pin holes????????? dont know what to do now?????? i dont think rubber hose will hold up under heat being right behind the manafold.

Comment

just to let you all know..i got a new one coming in a few days. the local meachine shop is fixing me up and i will be looking around 55.00. keep in mind that will be from water pump to the heater cord with all the bells and whisel.thanks for all you ideas and help.till next time..chow

Comment

Hey, that is kind of cool! I don't think I would have thought of a machine shop!

I had to replace mine years ago, and now I soak that bad boy with PB blaster once or twice a year...
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                    X