Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these parts?

A couple of quick questions:

First off, my car is a 1992 5 speed. Stock motor.

What is this part? Its near the coil, and it looks like it should be screwed down, but it isnt, nor has it been recently is my guess. It gets hot to the touch when the motor is running. Not so hot that you cant hold on to it, but it gets hot enough.

And what is supposed to go here? This is the bracket on the firewall. I see a vacuum line that comes off the throttle body, and has no where to go. I looked on my parts car (93) and that was missing this part as well. I just want to know what it is called.

sorry for the image quality, i took them with my phone.
    1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Okay, first picture is the fuel injector relay. Should be screwed down to the bracket that holds the coil. Basically it should be screwed down pretty much where you've got it now.

Second picture- there should be a vacuum switch mounted between the left and center nuts on that bracket. There should be a vac line coming to that switch from the TB, and a vac line from that switch to the charcoal canister directly under the coil.

At least that's how it is on my 90L, stock 5 speed.

I was going to take pics of how mine is done, but my camera really, really does not like the cold.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

thank you very much.

now to find that vacuum switch, lol
      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Comment

The first pic is actually the ignition control module (icm)
        Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
        1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

oh. well either way, it heats up.

Comment

Here's a picture that may help get you started:

Or two:

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

first pic is an igniter / ignition control module. need to be screwed down to a metal ground to help it dissipate the heat from the transistor inside it. heatsink paste will help too.
              http://kiaprideclub.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
                The first pic is actually the ignition control module (icm)
                You are correct sir. Thank you. Sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain does.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
                  oh. well either way, it heats up.
                  Yes, and each time it heats up without being able to dissipate that heat, you come closer to it failing on you!
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                    Yes, and each time it heats up without being able to dissipate that heat, you come closer to it failing on you!
                    And when it fails, no fun.
                    Last time for me involved a tow truck and a 35 mile ride with a driver that just rambled about anything that crossed his mind.

Now I carry 2 spares in the glove box.
                    Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                    1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                      Okay, first picture is the fuel injector relay. Should be screwed down to the bracket that holds the coil. Basically it should be screwed down pretty much where you've got it now.

Second picture- there should be a vacuum switch mounted between the left and center nuts on that bracket. There should be a vac line coming to that switch from the TB, and a vac line from that switch to the charcoal canister directly under the coil.

At least that's how it is on my 90L, stock 5 speed.

I was going to take pics of how mine is done, but my camera really, really does not like the cold.
                      Same on my 93L....
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Here are two better pics I snapped this morning showing my '92L:

Hope this helps.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                        X