97' aspire heater fan issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97' aspire heater fan issues

In my aspire, it has happened twice now where my heater fan will not turn on, this really sucks in the cold, on my way up north yesterday the fan quit working and this morning when i went out to move the car, the fan was working fine, so i'm sure it's either a loose conection or maybe the fan relay is acting up, if it has a relay

my question is will my aspire have a fan relay and if so, where?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

From the research I have done, it has a resistor, not a relay. I hope this helps.

Last edited by doylerl; 12-27-2010, 11:58 AM.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

I mentioned the resistor idea to my dad (he's an electrician) and figures if the resistor is bad, then the fan would not work at all, so now i'm thinking the fan switch on the heater controls

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Could be the brushes in the motor are just plum worn out,not making contact with the commutator on the armature.
        I agree that all the points across the resistor that power is pulled off would have to be broken, not likely that has happened.
        Check for power at the plug into the motor?
        Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Just went thru this with my '93. I don't know how the Aspire is set up but I just gave the blower motor a "thump" and it started working again.

Played that game for a couple of days and finally changed the motor. No problems have come up since the new motor was installed. It also pushes quite a bit more air.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X