1995 aspire timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 aspire timing

hey guys does anyone have a diagram of the timing marks to set the cam timing? the Haynes manual just says to line up the marks on the gear with the marks on the valve cover....no picture, not sure what marks I'm looking for.
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

there's two marks on the pulley, and two marks on the head. The pulley marks should be at 12 and 3 o'clock, and line up with the head marks.

Comment

My manual has a picture and shows where the two marks are. There is a complete article in the other's article section on how to align the timing belt.

9. There are two marks on the camshaft gear that are 90 degrees to each other. Find these and align one so that it is at the 12 o’clock position and the other is at the 3 o’clock position. There are marks on the head that these two marks should align with.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

hey bud this is a helpful forum, not a flame area, the second you start helping people then you can pipe up until then try holding your peace. i asked a simple question, and Jim gave me a helpful answer because he knew. for your information the crank timing marks vary from 1989 to 1995, as it says in the Haynes manual. I was asking for clarification. If you don't have anything helpful to contribute, then please remain silent.
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Rich Norman had a page on the old FF.com that listed all the errors in the Haynes manual - that was pretty darn helpful, I think. Maybe he could post that again (pleads) :wink:
          jeff

Comment

If you feel a need to lash out at someone like you just did take it to the arena. You know that.
            The Festiva Store
            Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Working...
              X