Radiators for festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
    if they are pipe thread, get some brass caps from true value or fluid connector.
    And if you can't find those, just cut off a short piece of hose for each brass line and then plug up the hose with a bolt or something. That way you don't have to have a hose running from one to the other.

Or use electrical tape to seal them, held in place with a ziptie.

BTW, my B6rt Festiva has a single-core rad and a 180 degree theromostat, and never gets close to the center of the temp gauge, but is adequately warm even on the coldest days here (zero degrees).
    Last edited by TominMO; 01-10-2011, 07:54 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Let me get this straight: no coolant will leak out if I didn't seal them up? A simple "dust cap" made of electrical tape and zip ties, or a substitute will do?

If so, then it won't be a problem. I may be able to find some rubber caps to use on the outlets. Cane tips, maybe.

Karl

PS: I just realized that two separate tanks would explain the two drains!
      Last edited by Safety Guy; 01-10-2011, 08:20 AM.
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
      X