Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the aspire and festiva's cat's the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the aspire and festiva's cat's the same?

The mental picture I have from both says that they basically the same dimensions. This that correct?
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Re: Are the aspire and festiva's cat's the same?

Originally posted by ericsmith32
    The mental picture I have from both says that they basically the same dimensions. This that correct?
    Most likely, but Aspire cats won't interchange with carb'd Festiva ones due to emissions plumbing.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Festiva (carbed) are dual-bed with an air tube, not sure about FI cars, and Aspires are TWCs (three way converter). not the same inside. Aspire might work on a Festy, but not the other way.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I have a cat from a 91 I wanted to expirement with but I would like to keep the 94's cat intact so I can put it back if need be. Basically I was wanting to gut it and shove a pipe through it.. maintaining the stock cat look. I'll have to visit the picknpull to compare since the 91's is alot further away.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I have this same question.

Reason....my festy barely passed emissions (B6 motor) due the fact my FI cat is prolly the original one from the factory and with 243k of mileage.....and when the B3 blew...it puked most of the oil into the engine bay and into the exhaust.
          When I pulled the B3 out....at least a half a quart of oil was in the exhaust.

The techs at my local DEQ say I have a " lazy cat" and should be replaced.

DEQ testing is due again in a 10 months....so I was thinking that during my rummaging at the U-Pull-Its.....That I grab a CAT from a FI Aspire and replace it.

I am thinking......

1. replace it with a used cheap cat from a FI Aspire and hope it works.
          2. find out what high flow CAT anyone has used with success and still passes at their local DEQ air testing station.
          1991 Festiva " The Doomer" 8vB6 Azzfire brake swap complete !

Comment

Working...
          X