Help heat me up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help heat me up

90 l plus below zero in winterset ia. Got front end covered temp. Just get's off the c. Maybe a hint or two to try. Thank you steve

Come to Phoenix, Arizona.......54 Degrees in the morning and 70 Degrees for the high :-)

Have you tried Unplugging the Radiator Fan? If you do, put a Post-it Note on your dash to remind you to watch your water temperature gauge.

Comment

Know about the 2 stage tstat? I have the parts place single stage and used a 3/4" gate valve from Lowes plumbing section in the upper rad hose to set the temp where I want it. Works great for me with no grill blocking at all, but we aren't below 0, so you probably want to leave the block.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Check to be sure you have the 2 stage thermostat, available only at auto dealers.
        The T-stats from auto stores are Stant single stage and will not work properly
        Back flush the heater core to clean it, too.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

they're @ rockauto.com too for 25 shipped....
          Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
          89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
          Projects in the works:
          84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by steve mount View Post
            90 l plus below zero in winterset ia. Got front end covered temp. Just get's off the c. Maybe a hint or two to try. Thank you steve
            Feel your pain, we have been in the 10 and 20s all month, poor little festiva engine doesnt genrate enough heat for me. I have the correct t stat and blocked grill, not much helps. Dress warm and pray for spring.
            Last edited by NovaSS; 01-13-2011, 09:24 AM.
            money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
              Dress warm and pray for spring.
              I'm prayin', i'm prayin'....
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

We're in the single digits and I have pretty decent heat..... Not enough to roast your balls but enough to keep your breath from foggin up the windows lol.
                Buck.
                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

My b6t will melt your face if you give it enough time.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    My b6t will melt your face if you give it enough time.
                    Do people with b6t and the BP use two stage stats? My heater doesn't have much heat and I replaced my thermostat because it was stuck open. My heat only gets Luke warm.
                    Last edited by Charlie1717; 01-13-2011, 03:25 PM.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Festiva. In the Winter it means...

Freeze
                      Every
                      Single
                      Time
                      I
                      Visit
                      Anywhere

If you're expecting to drive around in shorts in the Winter, you picked the wrong car.
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

both of my festivas use a regular fail safe thermo stat from autozone, and the heat works excellent in both of them. I see no point in paying 25+ dollars for a dual stage t-stat when a regular one works just fine for me. One is all stock with a b3 and the other is bp swapped.
                        Last edited by BP-Festiva; 01-13-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BP-Festiva View Post
                          both of my festivas use a regular fail safe thermo stat from autozone, and the heat works excellent in both of them. I see no point in paying 25+ dollars for a dual stage t-stat when a regular one works just fine for me. One is all stock with a b3 and the other is bp swapped.
                          Mine just must be a different issue then
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Cold in Iowa

Originally posted by steve mount View Post
                            I feel your pain Steve, we live in Pella. I use the Two stage T stats and have warm heat, not so with the single stage T stats, our Bumper to Bumper parts store sells them. Check your local part stores you might get lucky.
                            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Got T stat coming from ford dealer. Going to give it a shot and maybe do a flush to.

Comment

Working...
                              X