Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window Washer tank / pump / Wiper problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Washer tank / pump / Wiper problem...

OK, so I fill my window washer up and its pissing all over ground very fast. From what we were able to determine, it looks as though its leaking where the pump connects to the tank.

How hard is it to get the tank / pump out so I can better examine this problem. Driving on the expressway in winter with no washer fluid SUCKS.

Also.... usually my wipers do not go back to resting if i turn them on and off real quick. They stop anywhere on the window at the time I shut the wipers off.

This AM, they were actually returning to their proper resting location correctly... but now they are acting up again....

Any ideas? Normal?

Thanks!
    ~Phil
    My Whips:

the tank drops out from drivers side wheel well you have to remove splash guards and then a couple 10mm nuts and a plug and should fall into your hands you need a Phillips for the splash guard. The stopping problem doesn't sound normal
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

I have an extra washer tank w/pump as well as the tube that goes up to the spigot (sprayer). I will send it to you for the price of shipping if you need it. Just let me know.

Comment

Found this post looking for an answer to my window washer problem. No luck. Instead of starting another thread I'll post my problem here.

About a month ago i was driving down the road and pulled the level to turn on the washer and it shot out fluid then all of a sudden it stopped working. Thinking it was out of fluid I thought when I stop I'll fill it back up. I did and it started to leak fluid on the ground in front of the drivers side front tire. Figured the pump was leaking so it must be bad. Today I decided to remove the tank and replace the motor. (Had an extra one laying around that I got from a junk yard.) Replaced the motor reinstalled the tank and filled it with fluid. Started to leak again. from what i can tell its leaking where the filler neck connects to the tank. Started the car, no fluid to the windshield. I did blow through the tube before connecting it to the tank and it was not clogged. Also when i drained the tank there was a big piece of dirt in the tank along with a small nut . not sure where that came from. I could be wrong but when you pull the level to squirt fluid onto the windshield shouldn't you hear a humming sound from the washer motor. I'm not hearing anything. There's not a fuse or relay to it, is there? Is it possible that there something broke (possibly a switch) in the leveler on the steering column? I'm stumped, could use some input.

Thanks, Rich

Comment

^ Maybe some sediment is clogging your jet nozzle.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

don't think so, when I blew into the hose a little fluid came out. Doesn't seem like the fluid is reaching the nozzle. i'm thinking something is wrong with the level that works the washer fluid pump. Don't know if this could be related, but the other morning I went to turn on the wipers and they didn't come on right away when I flip on the level to turn them on. I had to flip it on and off afew times to get it to work.

Comment

Could be a problem with your wiper stalk. A bad ground or power connection might lead to both problems.

If you're interested in intermittent wipers, now's the time to install them! Grab the stalk from an MX-6 or any of the other compatible cars (information found throughout the forum) and replace the stalk with that.
              -Zack
              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by rmp2711 View Post
                don't think so, when I blew into the hose a little fluid came out. Doesn't seem like the fluid is reaching the nozzle. i'm thinking something is wrong with the level that works the washer fluid pump. Don't know if this could be related, but the other morning I went to turn on the wipers and they didn't come on right away when I flip on the level to turn them on. I had to flip it on and off afew times to get it to work.
                I went thru this just today. Blew thru the hose, a little fluid came out; not nearly enough tho. Was able to pry off the nozzle from the hood and cleaned it out with a safety pin. Lotsa stuff in there! Fixed the problem.

The way I got the nozzle out: With the hood open, from the top of the hood, I used a single-edge razor blade to compress one of the cliplike pieces that holds it in. From under the hood, I used a flat-bade screwdriver from the side, where there is an access hole in the hood reinforcement, to push the other clippy thing.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X