RI inspection question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RI inspection question.

Or anyone in the New England Area. I have a half cage installed in my Festy. Only question is: Will it pass inspection? Did some research, and some say it will and some say it won't. I called up an official and he said as long as it didn't interfere with the rear view it should be fine.

I guess I want a confirmation. Anyone know anyone (doesn't have to be a festy) who has a half cage setup similar to mine that passes inspection everytime? It would help greatly as I would like to keep mine on.
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

I dont know about new england but in my state in AUS one of my mates dad had a cage in his wagon in between the back of the back seat and the boot. So i guess if it doesnt interfere with the view of the driver you should be right.
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

In Massachusetts, as long as it doesn't interfere with vision AND it doesn't interfere with the normal operation of the vehicle (not too close to the pedals, not blocking the view out of the mirrors, etc), it will pass.

I've seen plenty of cars running around with cages of all kinds. It looks like as long as it isn't something crazy, it passes.

Remember, this is in Massachusetts.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
      X