I think it's finally fixed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's finally fixed...

For the most part for the entire time I've had this Festiva it hasn't quite ran right. Sometimes it ran better but for the most part rough. Replaced a few parts but nothing seemed to help, well besides the o2 sensor. After replacing the air filter in the Escape yesterday and managing to tear and break 2 vacuum lines on 6 year old 107k vehicle I had the weird notion to check the Festiva's. What do you know but the line going from the intake to the valve cover had a huge split in it! For now replaced it with a left over hose from the Escape repair but I'll need to find a permanent solution. Runs totally different I'm amazed! When it gets a bit warmer out I think I'll invest in a roll of line a redo both vehicles.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    When it gets a bit warmer out I think I'll invest in a roll of line a redo both vehicles.
    Yep, thats a good idea you got there. Same thing as with the water hoses, when one goes, the rest usually aren't far behind Glad to hear you got it up and running full steam!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
      When it gets a bit warmer out I think I'll invest in a roll of line a redo both vehicles.
      Eric, check this hose out
      Silicone , instead of rubber and choice of colors and sizes too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=120675462934
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
        Yep, thats a good idea you got there. Same thing as with the water hoses, when one goes, the rest usually aren't far behind Glad to hear you got it up and running full steam!
        Dang you brought up water hoses.. that was a cruel thing to do. Don't expect any problems with those though. I think they've already been replaced once.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
          Eric, check this hose out
          Silicone , instead of rubber and choice of colors and sizes too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=120675462934
          Didn't think about that. I guess silicone would last a little longer. No red though but black. Price doesn't look too bad either. Wonder what the common size is on the Festiva.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
          X