Will a b6 timing belt cover fit a b3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a b6 timing belt cover fit a b3?

Will a b6 timing belt cover fit a b3?Any help is appreciated, I am having a hard time finding a b3 timing belt cover in the jy, lots of b6's though
    93 festiva-Tremclad med blue,manual,no carpet,no back seat,ready for the snow!
    96 mustang gt-burnt orange/gold with a black hood,manual,bullitt 17's,magnaflow cat-back,short throw shifter,Cai....project

Who needs em! Unless u run a lot of gravel roads..... I haven ran one in the 2 yrs I've had my car and the belt is still in tip top shape!

I don't see why it wouldint work they are the same externaly.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

lol, I do drive alot of gravel roads, but was also thinking about the snow/salt/slush mix on the paved roads lol
      96 mustang gt-burnt orange/gold with a black hood,manual,bullitt 17's,magnaflow cat-back,short throw shifter,Cai....project

Comment

Yeah I don't have that problem with slush snow or salt where I live lol I actually just threw away 3 sets of covers. I'm not 100% posative that they will interchange but I would immagine that they will bc they are the same block, the timing marks might be different tho.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
        1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
        R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
        00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
        03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
        pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
        Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
        Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

perfect! thanks alot eh

Comment

Go to Rockauto to check and compare part numbers between them, or between the rubber seals. With any luck you'll get pictures, too.

If I had to guess I don't think they interchange due to minor differences. I could be wrong.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I have had a B3 one on a B6 and it worked, I think one of the four bolts had to be either longer or shorter though, can't remember which, its been a while. But those bolts aren't too hard to find.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
              X