Vaf/air box noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaf/air box noise

Anybody recognize this issue? Driving home last night (50 mile trip at highway speed). A couple of times the check engine light blinked. When I got into town at a stop light, the engine light came on and I heard a noise from the air box area. [kind of an air bellowing sound]. The car cut off and took several tries to restart. Once it started,she took me another ten minutes home with no problem. My first thought is....is it possible the vane was sticking at a certain position? Any ideas?
    90 L 5 speed.

All I can tell you is to check all of your air intake connections to make sure there's no leakage that would stall your car.

I suppose you could also take your VAF off and check the operation of the vane door for smoothness or sticking.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Had a vane get stuck once, with similar symptoms. Some EFI intake cleaner fixed it right up
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

also, check your vacuum lines. Move/flex them, with the engine running, and see if you can duplicate your problem.

Cheers,

Scott
        Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

Working...
        X