fuel guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel guage

I have a fuel guage problem. When I fill the car up it reads full after I use about a gallon of fuel it reads empty. Also the temp guage works from time to time. it also reads H and seems to go down with the fuel. Is it possible that shey may be reversed somehow? Just curious.
    Early '88 LX. All original 1.3l w/ 5sp. Call it "Big Red" :toothy7:

Your fuel sender unit, in side the gas tank (accessible via the access port under the back seat under the carpet) needs to be replaced.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by mat974 View Post
      I have a fuel guage problem. When I fill the car up it reads full after I use about a gallon of fuel it reads empty. Also the temp guage works from time to time. it also reads H and seems to go down with the fuel. Is it possible that shey may be reversed somehow? Just curious.
      Gas gauge problem is the sending unit, as John correctly pointed out.
      Temp gauge, I'd be willing to bet, is a sticky thermostat. Curious if when the gauge goes up to H, does the car overheat?
      I don't think it's possible to reverse the two on the instrument cluster. Is the cluster original, or has it been switched?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

my fuel gauge starts at empty and slowly makes its way upto half a tank, when it reaches empty again its empty lol, ive come to live with it. who would steal a car that always looks empty?

Comment

Working...
        X