Seatbelt auto return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatbelt auto return

So it appears as though both of my front seat belts don't really feel much like retracting when you take them off. They'll retract if I feed them into the slot where the seatbelt comes out, but otherwise they don't want to.

Is there anything simple I can do the make them retract better? or at all...? Take off a panel and lube the mechanisms perhaps?
    1993 Festiva L - "Thor"

More cheers more beers, that's it that's all.

No harm with a little lube Make sure the belt isn't twisted?
    My Whips:

Comment

Try a little silicon polish. I used some furniture polish. Pull the belt all the way out, spray a little on a clean rag and then wipe the rag on the seatbelt. If that gives an improvement, you can try spraying the polish directly at the belt.

Comment

I took off the inside panel to try to figure out if any of my gas tank connections were loose/leaking (turns out I have to replace my gas tank, but that's another story) and while it was off I tried to lube up the mechanisms of the seatbelt, but they are more or less a "sealed" unit. There are plastic guards over the springs/gear bits with large font warning "DO NOT REMOVE THIS COVER", so applying WD40, etc. doesn't seem to be an option. Maybe I'll give te silicon polish a try... Otherwise I guess I could get some new ones from a junkyard or just live with it, dangit!
        1993 Festiva L - "Thor"

More cheers more beers, that's it that's all.

Comment

Working...
        X