Still has issues.. ponder with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still has issues.. ponder with me

Okay all of this started when I tried racing someone probably a year ago. Occasionally it'll bog down. This morning it bogged down again but if you turn it off and right back on it's fine, no CEL. A couple weeks ago on the highway it did the same but flipped on the CEL. Showed the o2 sensor which I replaced.

I tried replaced the disty with the one from my parts car a couple months ago. Have a small oil leak through the disty, That could be cause actually. It flat out wouldn't work. I had it advanced as far as it would go but the Festi just didn't care for it. Ran fine with the one old though. When I replaced the seals up front the timing belt was one tooth off forward. I tried putting it back to normal but it flat wouldn't run like that. Even with the timing belt off I'd think the other disty should work or am I wrong. After writing this out it does sound like a disty problem. Not sure what to do unless I set the timing belt back and put in and try the other disty again. Weird thing is though it runs great except for a few hiccups and gets normal gas mileage.

I did check the vaf connection and I have another one of those but I haven't tried it. Everything ignition wise is new, wires-cap-rotor-plugs. All the filters are new, gas-air-and PCV. I did find a vacuum leak the other day and does run a bit better.

Thoughts?
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Someone has posted how to check the TPS with a multi meter. couldn't hurt...it can get out of adjustment fairly easily as well. I had the same problem a year or two ago.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Hmm didn't think of the TPS. I have a Haynes manual I'll look at it later. On the old pos s15 I got good at testing and replacing electronics.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
      X