12 inch tires help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 inch tires help!!!

Ok, someone told me you can buy the 12 inch tires at walmart. I cant find a walmart that has them. I was told they were made by douglas and they were around $20 a piece. Someone help me please!
    :blob2:first 89 lx baby!!!! watch out, more to come.:laughing8:

they no longer carry 12" tires. walmart hasn't sold 12s for a few years now
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

good luck finding any for that price either... 3 years ago i paid $25 a tire. just bought one a week ago for $60....

Comment

There's only one place in my town that carries 12's anymore, they are almost impossible to find. Thats why i just got metro 13's, easier to find tires.

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Tire Rack has these.

145/80-12

165/70-12

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I'd get the 165/70x12 for better handling/braking. Only $9 more. Plus Tire Rack will ship to a local installer for you.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I've asked just about everywhere for 12s. They usually laugh, then say something about a go-kart store. As stated earlier, Tire Rack has them.
              BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

My local shop always keeps 8 12" tires in stock, as there are a lot of Festivas running around here. What brand you might get is a crap shoot, but they always have them. Think my last set were 40 bucks a piece, mounted-balanced-out the door.

If that place every shuts down, I'll be looking for new wheels.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

i can get them at my local Crappy Tire Store for 32 bucks each, just check yesterday
                  and they had them in stock
                  1992 black GL
                  1991 white GL
                  1991 blue L parts car
                  1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
                  1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

If perchance you live in the north Canadian Tire still stocks all season 145/80x12. Goodyear 12 inch snows were discontinued in the spring of 2010 but they dumped remaining stock for 1/2 price. I think I have about 1/2 dozen of them left and if the Aspire swap is successful those tires will be needing another home.

Comment

I paid $19 apiece for 12" tires in 2001. Now they're $60 apiece, if you can find them.
                      Chuck
                      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                      If money will fix it, it's not broken
                      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                      93 GL - Lil Red
                      91 L - Tweetystiva
                      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Thanks for all your help.. I think iam going with the geo metro thing. I found a guy who has 6 12" tires on stock steel rims. He wants $60 for all of them. The tires are 60% will get me going for now. Thanks again yall!!!!!!!
                        :blob2:first 89 lx baby!!!! watch out, more to come.:laughing8:

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodin4me View Post
                          i can get them at my local Crappy Tire Store for 32 bucks each, just check yesterday
                          and they had them in stock
                          I bougt a pair there yesterday..........only thing is, they are only 145 80 12 Kinda on the narrow side......

Comment

Walmart stores might have them in stock but they don't show up on the computer. You have to ask the parts guy to go look on the shelf in the back.

Bert: The Walmart at Bank and Hunt club had 6 12" winter tires in stock last fall. Last spring they were $10 ea but when I later went in the fall the clerk said they were $40. If I check again and they still have them and they are back at $10 I'd buy a set. Myself and a neighbour in Nepean drive Festiva's and might be interested in your surplus 12" tires.
                            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                            X