Rebuilding the shifter in my 93 5spd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding the shifter in my 93 5spd.

Ok so ive searched on here alot and cant find a actual set up for rebuilding the shifter. Ive contacted Ford and apparenlty the bushings needed are no longer available. Ive asked all the shops around and they really cant tell me anything either. My shifter has a ton of play in it, about 6+ inches in gear. Ive seen people say that brass bushings and such can be used. Help here would be greatly appreciated!

Try search button --- type in the box, ( shifter bushings ) then click on the second post down ebay shifter bushings. 25 bucks
    New build on the way .

Comment

Go to your local Napa ask for part# ATM 0771303
      A whopping .99 cents each.
      Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
      1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Just ordered the ones off eBay. Hope they get here from australia here shortly lol. Now to order a short shifter and get it all knocked out. Ill be glad to feel like im not shifting a peterbuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
          Go to your local Napa ask for part# ATM 0771303
          A whopping .99 cents each.
          you're the frickin MAN!!!!! awesome.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I bought those bushings, the ones from ebay. I live about 20 mins south from there. The fellow was very nice and the product is excellent.
            93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
            98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
            98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              you're the frickin MAN!!!!! awesome.
              Sorry, can't take all the credit.
              2 others have mentioned this part # in past threads.
              Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
              1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Working...
              X