no brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no brakes

So I changed out my brake master cylinder yesterday and I am getting very little fluid when I bleed the brakes. There is absolutly no pressure at the pedal when we pump the brakes,and the engine idle changes when we pump and hold the brakes. I looked at the old master cylinder and saw that the teeth where the hydro booster goes in were stripped out. So I guess I need to change the hydro booster. I am going back out today to pull the master cylinder back off and verify and make sure we didn't do anything wrong, which is quite possible. Also the A/C compressor started to squeling, so gonna have to replace that also. If it isn't one thing its another. I swear by the time I am able to make this a daily driver it will be completely rebuilt.

'89 Ford Festiva LX :fred:
    '12 Ford Focus

Did you bench bleed the MC before installing it?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
      Did you bench bleed the MC before installing it?

Karl
      NO I DID NOT!!!!

I did how ever just got done rebleeding the system, starting from the master cylinder and it's all good now. However, I will need to replace the hydro buster sometime down the road, because the teeth on the pushrod/shaft are a little worn. I also had to completely take out one of the bleeder screws and clean it due to it being clogged. Sure glad I went and reverified my work.

'12 Ford Focus

Comment

Good job! Problem mostly solved. I was going to ask about pre bleeding the MC, but just assumed it had been done.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
          Good job! Problem mostly solved. I was going to ask about pre bleeding the MC, but just assumed it had been done.
          Nope, I had a friend come over to give me a hand because I havenever done one before, and my Dad was here also doing what a 67yr old man does (sit in a chair and yap, lol). He did however mention bleeding the master cylinder, guess we should have listen to him.

'12 Ford Focus

Comment

Working...
          X