Needing a lower speedometer cable for 1995 Ford Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing a lower speedometer cable for 1995 Ford Aspire

After troubleshooting my earlier problem with 1995 ford aspire speedometer noise, needle off, odometer not working it turned out to be the lower cable. Everything else is good, regreased, and ready to reinstall everything. I will leave it on blocks until I put in the lower cable. Lower cable was broke just above the stud that plugs into the tranny gear. Thats why the upper cable did not work, inop lower cable. Any ideas where I can get a lower speedo cable? Ford and the normal auto parts stores cannot get that anymore. I was going to call "Rock Auto" , they are closed..Internet says I can get 1 for $15. Anyone know something of this company? Don't want to get ripped off.

What's your location ???
    New build on the way .

Comment

Minneapolis 55446

Comment

Originally posted by rolsont7 View Post
        After troubleshooting my earlier problem with 1995 ford aspire speedometer noise, needle off, odometer not working it turned out to be the lower cable. Everything else is good, regreased, and ready to reinstall everything. I will leave it on blocks until I put in the lower cable. Lower cable was broke just above the stud that plugs into the tranny gear. Thats why the upper cable did not work, inop lower cable. Any ideas where I can get a lower speedo cable? Ford and the normal auto parts stores cannot get that anymore. I was going to call "Rock Auto" , they are closed..Internet says I can get 1 for $15. Anyone know something of this company? Don't want to get ripped off.
        Rockauto.com is good. Make sure to order the proper cable for your tranny, either auto or manual. Not sure what you mean by "lower cable"; the cable itself should be all one piece.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

1995 Ford Aspire speedometer cable has a lower cable that plugs into a upper cable that goes to the instrument cluster

Comment

Seen a new one on ebay today for $20. The one I pulled off my 97 was good but it's not worth shipping. The upper is what snapped on mine. Have a Festiva speedo cable on there now going to pull a good one on Monday hopefully.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
            X